My One Word...

     My word this year is CONNECT. I think is a big one for me, especially with this pandemic, I have to connect with others differently than I'm used to. I took the One Word quiz, and this was my word, which actually was spot on for me, with everything I have going on right now. I love to connect with people in so many ways and this pandemic has really changed them both good and bad. However, this pandemic has given me an opportunity to re-connect with myself and re-build personal connections with myself and take time to get back with myself. For the last I don't know how many years, I have just been on-the-go nonstop, so I feel that this was God's way, of giving me a break and telling me to take time for myself and refocus. It's allowed me to get deeper in my physical and mental health, and doing yoga, has greatly improved my overall health. This word along with flexibility will be big for me, so that I can have a successful semester and overall, year. For me in times of stress, I need to take time to connect with myself and let go of that stress, so that I can move forward with the things I need to do, I'm a planner and like to get things done ahead of time, in a timely manner and just have some control, but I've had to adjust wit this pandemic and let go of old habits, to embrace new ones.

    In terms of literacy and secondary school this word students can connect literature to their personal lives. I have been able to connect with many different stories and see how they have related to my life and different things I was going through or have faced. Literature can be very impactful, and show students that they are not alone when they are going through something. Literature has a way of taking us to new worlds, and providing us with new realities, and giving us a break from the things we may be going through at that time. It's nice to crack open a book and just get lost in the story. Literature also allows us to learn about one another, which is great so that we can learn about experiences of our fellow peers. I can also connect with my students through book. From my own schooling, I've had teachers who recommended books or articles for me when I was going through different circumstances, as well as simply reading them for fun. This builds a personal connection with our students for us, and allows them to feel their voices are being heard, and they matter.

    Anne-Marie said, "When I'm happy and in a good mood, I just search for other things that maybe connect to me on another level. I talk to my friends and see how they're feeling - see what's going on in their lives." I love this quote because it is something I do. Whenever my friends are on my mind and heart I reach out to them, and usually we would go out to get food, or do fun adventurous things, however with this pandemic, and being separated from them it's been hard to do so, but I still make sure that I have those lines of communication with them, so that they know they aren't fully alone. We have had to connect in different ways, and be more purposeful in those connections, o keep our friendship strong. I have some friends who we don't talk for months, but we know the other is just one call away, and I love that about my friends.


https://www.brainyquote.com/search_results?q=connect

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Childhood Book Memories

The Rooster Prince of Breslov by Ann Redisch Stampler

The Three Billy Goats Gruff by Paul Galdone