My Slice of Life

    One of my favorite moments in my life was when I won prom queen my senior year. I very vividly remember having fun with my friends, and worrying about being late, because of hair and make-up, even though I was right on time. I snapped some pictures with my fellow seniors, and friends, and asked my close friends to consider voting for me, as well as other attendees and left it at that once I walked in. We had dinner, danced, and then midway through the night it was time to announce the queen and king. My mom was there, because she was one of the chaperones, and she came in along with our senior sponsor. I was curious why she came in and had her phone out to record, but I didn't think too much of it, at the time. Later I found out our senior sponsor asked her to record for "graduation purposes", it was all a play to help her catch this amazing moment. They announced prom king, as one of my friends, and when she announced queen I was shocked, and happy to hear my name called, because it was something I really wanted, and quite honestly felt I deserved. It was a fun night and moment, and after she announced me as a winner, I went and hugged my mom, and asked if she knew, and she was just as shocked as I was. Afterwards, my friends congratulated me and we had fun the rest of the ight until prom was over. I danced the whole night in heels (mama ain't raise no quitter), which my feet felt the next day. It was a very fun night, with beautiful memories!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Childhood Book Memories

The Rooster Prince of Breslov by Ann Redisch Stampler

The Three Billy Goats Gruff by Paul Galdone